What is the same: Same great curbside service. Recycle paper, plastic, metal, and cardboard goods in the existing blue can which will continue to be picked up every other week, taken to the District transfer station to be loaded and hauled by semi-trucks to the Republic Service recycling facility outside of Las Vegas, Nevada.
What is changing:
- Participation – Recycling reduces our need for new raw materials. Recycling keeps trash out of the landfill and extends its useful life. Recycling conserves energy and reduces pollution to our air and water. It’s important to recycle correctly and to ensure contamination isn’t being added to the recycling materials! Future recycling fees will be based on countywide participation. The minimum fees assume at least 51% participation. Fees will increase if countywide participation drops below 51% and the program will stop if participation is below 34%.
- Cost – The current monthly rate for recycling is $3.12 and will increase effective February 10, 2021. The new fees are based on participation:
- Tier 1, which would assume over 51% participation, increases to $5.84.
- Tier 2, 41%-50% participation, increases to $6.28.
- Tier 3, 34%-41% participation, increases to $6.84.
Fees will increase annually by up to 2.5% for at least the next ten years.
- One-Time Opt Out Period – Ends midnight on November 30, 2020. No exceptions will be granted. The Washington County Solid Waste District has authorized the City to offer a ONE TIME 90-day opt out period, which is NOW AVAILABLE. If you would like to opt out of curbside recycling, click the link above and print and fill out the form and send, email or drop off to the city office during working hours before the deadline. Please email your forms to email@example.com or send to 435 North Main St. – La Verkin, UT 84745
Questions? call 435-635-2581